How Local Educators are Creating a New Culture
- Creating and maintaining a college-going culture in the school
- Emphasizing key cognitive strategies
- Holding high expectations for all students, then providing differing degrees of scaffolding based on student need
- Creating a core academic program that is aligned with and leads to college and career readiness by the end of 12th grade
- Making the senior year meaningful, challenging and engaging
- Reducing course selection choice in favor of college-focused and career-aligned offerings
- Creating assignments and grading policies that more closely approximate college expectations each successive year of school
- Promoting key self-management skills and academic behaviors with formative feedback to students toward skill/behavior development
Do Your Students Know the Shasta Promise?
- Shasta Promise is a commitment among institutions to ensure that higher education is an attainable goal for every student in Shasta County. Click HERE to learn more about the Shasta Promise.
Tools for Educators
Click on the links below for downloadable educator resources for creating a college-going culture.